The Wuhan International Exchange and Communication Center and the Foreign Affairs Office of Wuhan Municipal People’s Government invites all the expats of Wuhan to join the “Wuhan Through the Eyes of Expats” photography competition!
Submitted photos should:
- embody the new look of development in Wuhan
- promote international cultural exchange
- enhance expats’ understanding and recognition of Wuhan
- promote the city’s image
Photo Submission Deadline: November 5th 2017
Expatriates that work, study and travel or have previously worked, studied and traveled in Wuhan
“Wuhan Through the Eyes of Expats”
Photographs include three categories:
Landscape work should reflect the natural scenery, urban landscapes and developmental achievements of Wuhan
Work should reflect stories of foreigners in Wuhan studying, working, and living in Wuhan and interacting with Wuhan locals.
News documentary images should cover current events, news events, and special activities.
30 000 RMB In Cash Prizes!
1 Outstanding Achievement award: 5000 RMB
2 First Prize awards: 3000 RMB
5 Second Prize awards: 1000 RMB
8 Third Prize awards: 500 RMB
12 Excellence awards: 300 RMB
3 Organization awards: 2000 RMB
Individual income tax of all the awards will be deducted by the sponsor in accordance with state regulations
Special mention to Wuhan Social’s co-organizeer Changjiang Network in this photography competition
1. All submitted photos must have been taken by the contestants after 1 January 2017. The photos should shed a positive light on the city and must have been taken in Wuhan
2. Photos can either be singular or in a photo series. Between 4-8 photos can be in a photo series
3. Photos shall be submitted in electronic form, either in black and white or color. The original image shall remain unchanged, with computer processing limited to adjusting brightness, contrast and color saturation. All photos shall be in JPEG format, and the file size of each image must not be less than 3MB
4. The format of all submitted photos must be:nationality + contestant’s name + title of work.
A Chinese Mandarin or English description of no more than 150 words should also be provided, including the time and place the photograph was taken, the contestant’ name, contact details, ideas and theme of the photo(s)
How to Submit
Scan the QR Code below to submit your photos
Contact LiuXin on 027-85771919 for any inquiries on the photography competition
After submission has closed, we will organize experts to evaluate all the works
All winning works will be displayed on the Changjiang Network and Wuhan Social
Winners will be notified soon after the photo submission deadline and the award ceremony will be held at the Wuhan Citizens’ Home (date to be confirmed)
1. The competition sponsor will not charge any entrance fees from the contestants. Submitted photos will not be returned after they have been submitted
2. Contestants must guarantee that they have the full copyright to their submitted photos. If a contestant infringes the rights to the image, reputation, privacy, copyright or trademark of others, the sponsor retains the right to revoke his/her submission and the contestant shall be liable for any relevant legal responsibilities
3. The sponsor retains the right to publish award-winning works through the media, exhibit them or publish them in the form of a picture album for the purpose of publicity. No further royalties shall be paid to contestants but contestants shall be entitled to the right of authorship