On March 22, Hubei government held a press conference, announcing that two opinions on introducing talented people were passed, the green light will be given to the high-skilled, basic, and overseas leading talents.
Hubei will carry out revitalization plan to introduce high-skilled people. And it is expected that, by 2020, the high-skilled people in Hubei will reach 8.4 million.
From abroad, a batch of scientists with significant original innovation ability, leading talents with technological innovation ability and entrepreneurs with world vision and strategic development ability will be introduced into Hubei. And during China’s 13th Five-Year Plan period, the number of overseas talented people will try to double.
In terms of the basic talents, Hubei will build complete base for practice training and internship, platform for startup and employment and system for service and security. Within five years, the province will strive to attract more than 2 million university students receiving practical training and internship and over 1.8 million undergraduates obtaining employment and starting business.
In order to introduce talented people, Hubei also issued a series of incentives:
– Ease restrictions on work permits for overseas talents;
– Simplify the procedures on permanent residence for the overseas high-level talents;
– Remove restrictions on work experience for excellent foreign students;
– Pay pension insurance for overseas talented people and their spouses;
– Solve the work of the spouses of the talents in urgent need or with doctor’s degree;
– Give housing and living allowances to the employed undergraduates, masters, doctors, and high-skilled people;
– Provide apartments or public rental housing for the youth talents;
– Specify the enterprises to give stipend to the internship university students, at least 500 yuan per month for each.