The project of Wuhan public bicycle was shortlisted for the C40 Cities Awards 2016, according to Wuhan City Management Committee on September 29, 2016.
It was the second time for Wuhan being listed in this global award after the ecological restoration project of Jinkou Landfill in 2015.
C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group (C40) is a network of the world’s megacities taking action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. And the C40 Cities Awards are granted in 10 categories and provide global recognition for cities that are demonstrating climate action leadership.
This year, Wuhan will compete with Addis Ababa, Houston, Mexico City and Taiyuan in the category of transportation. The award ceremony will coincide with the C40 Mayors Summit in Mexico City on December 1, 2016.
The 2016 C40 Cities Awards Finalist are:
-Climate Action Plans & Inventories: Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Paris, Portland
– Adaptation Plans & Assessments: Belo Horizonte, New York City, Paris
– Building Energy Efficiency: Guangzhou, Melbourne & Sydney, San Francisco
– Clean Energy: Johannesburg, Vancouver, Washington DC, Yokohama
– Finance & Economic Development: Canberra, Toronto, Shenzhen
– Solid Waste: Auckland, Kolkata, Milan
– Adaptation in Action: Copenhagen, Hong Kong, San Francisco
– Transportation: Addis Ababa, Houston, Mexico City, Taiyuan, Wuhan
– Sustainable Communities: Auckland, Cape Town, Curitiba, Toronto
– Social Equity & Climate Change: New York City, Portland, Seoul